Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Secret Dalliances





I have been thinking a lot about this Letterman scandal and how this news has affected me, causing me to think over my relationship. Letterman is my favorite late night talk show host and I fully give him the credit for coming clean and even trying to tell his embarrassing past with wit and humor.

But I know it's been hard for him and his family. The humiliation and the fear of losing everything - it's heartbreaking. Remember, when these dalliances occurred, he wasn't married to his wife - he was in the committed relationship with her. Still, it wouldn't make it okay to cheat, would it?

But, let's not kid ourselves, it's me who's talking - the one who's having a secret dalliance myself. So my thinking is this; what would I do, if someone was to reveal my relationship with Paul (my lover) - Would I be able to act as honorably as Letterman, give my spouse a sincere apology and try to fix the problems at home front or would I run away from everything?

Letterman is a public figure, so he has no choice, but to make everything public. I still think he acted with dignity and I must tell ya', he's funny. I know that being the wife of a celebrity it is hard enough to go through this type of scandal, but if you're not a politician or a celebrity, then this is just another story of infidelity. I think things would be even uglier and more complicated for us ordinary people..

The only thing for sure is when a secret dalliance is revealed; it will either break your marriage or strengthen it. And I hope my case would be the latter - I surely hope so.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luna, speaking from experience, you might as well enjoy the dalliances for as long as you can, because when it ends, you'll probably want to restart immediately. That's how it feels..

Secretia

Anonymous said...

That is the big question... fix it or run away from it. We have to make sure it is never revealed. If it were, well I think I would try to work on it, because if it's worth saving, you want to make every effort possible.

I like Letterman too. Haven't watched in years though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luna

I think you are right: it most definitely would be harder on us normal peeps. We don't have the connections or the $ to just pay our way out of the shame, unlike the celebrities. Its crappy isn't it?

Luna Sea said...

Secretia: You might be right. I'm trying to enjoy as long as I can although it gets hard at times.

Spring Flower: Yes, we have to make sure it is never revealed. Never.

Will: Hello. Right, it's totally crappy!!!

Gloria said...

Hadn't heard about this one, being in the mountains of Spain so thanks for putting this out there.

This is my first visit to your blog and I think I'm hooked. Off to sign up and follow you. Love your style!

Luna Sea said...

Gloria: Wow!! Spain? I've always wanted to visit - I'm sure it's beautiful!

Gloria said...

Yes, it is beautiful. You could always visit it for a little while just by paying even one visit to my blog . . .

Red Shoes said...

Good morning, Luna... We all struggle so with where we are in Life... where we've been... where we are heading... Your questions make me think of 'The Bridges of Madison County'...

It has received a great deal of acclaim of being this great romantic story of two people who found themselves... even for a brief time...

What that story really is... is based upon how one chooses to look at it... A wonderfully romantic love story, or a story about adultery and such...

Trust me, I know about struggles...

At times when I am looking for answers, I think about lyrics from an old Jimi Hendrix song... "If 6 Were 9'... and at the end of the song, Jimi sings, "I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die..."

That explains a great deal for us I think... what we do... what happens in our lives... is really only important in our perception...

Life isn't easy... but it doesn't have to be that complicated...

~shoes~


Sexy Couple Pictures, Images and Photos